0 1

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • : 413
  • : 161
Welcome and Thank You!
« : May 24, 2013, 04:54:58 PM »
I first want to state I never was going to start a dart frog forum as I thought another did a great job at providing the information and resources to present and future hobbyist. With the change, I thought it was time to make sure a forum stayed in hobbyist hands that will be moderated with civility and maturity. With that I want to point out a few items.

1.What am I doing? I have no idea. Seriously. I have practiced a bit but really do not know the ins and outs of forums and am learning. Please let me know of any issues and I will work on correcting them.

2.Moderation: I have received just as many messages today as new members to this forum.  I hear a lot of questions and concerns, I hope this answers them. 1. My priority is a civil and mature forum to learn, share, and grow the hobby. I have asked friends to be Moderators as of now because I donít have experience moderating. Some folks have expressed concerns however if you have your own site selling how is not a commercial concern. I own my own site so I see it as null to an extent. I have stated this with the announcement of change so it is rushed. Please give me some time. I am working on moderators for specific  forum boards such as plants, habitats, ect with a few global moderators. I am looking for knowledgeable people to have a great forum.

3.Sponsors: I donít have any yet and am not sure how this will be done. I need to investigate it more but I will get information out once I get things hammered out!

4.I need help. If you have experience with forum scripting and want to volunteer to help I will take it.

5.Working on TapaTalk and other plug-in/apps. 

A special thanks goes out to Mike Rizzo, Scott MacDonald, Zack Brink, Nick Gamble, Justin Reeise, and others who help me get things going so quickly. Your insights, testing, ect help tremendously.

For information on recent site updates please see: http://poisondartforum.com/index.php?topic=75.0
« : May 27, 2013, 10:34:00 PM jjuchems »
Later and Happy Frogging!

Poisonfrogs.net  Poison Dart Forum  Reptiles Direct

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Tadpole
  • : 74
  • : 41
    • Southwest Frog Group
Re: Welcome and Thank You!
« #1 : May 24, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »
Couldn't agree more - I never saw the need for another, till now.

Glad you jumped in. I'll be here no matter how it goes elsewhere.

s

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • : 413
  • : 161
Re: Welcome and Thank You!
« #2 : May 24, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
Tapatalk enabled!

photo BookBanner2_zpsab1b556d.jpg