photo TesorosBannerP_zps048bcf0c.jpg

Author Topic: sources of adult pumilio  (Read 2208 times)

Offline alsofaac

• Eggs
  • Liked: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
sources of adult pumilio
« on: April 07, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
Do individual morphs do OK as colonies, or do they do best as pairs?  Also, I am in need of a female Almirante, and a male Cayo de Agua.  What are good sources of different morphs (adults)?  Thanks.

Arnold Stark

Offline jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • Liked: 161
    • View Profile
Re: sources of adult pumilio
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
I typically keep mine in pairs. I know some folks who keep 1.2, but these are large vivariums. As for finding the specific morphs I would check forums and Facebook groups.
Later and Happy Frogging!

Poisonfrogs.net  Poison Dart Forum  Reptiles Direct

Offline oddlot

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • Liked: 96
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:51:29 AM »
For the most part pairs are best.I have a couple in groups,but I keep a close eye on them.Multiple females can lead to egg eating due to competition,and multiple males can fight and sometimes stress the weaker one to death.If you know what to look for and keep an eye on them,it can be done but I don't recommend it especially if your new to pumilio.I have a reverse trio of breeding Charco La Pava and they get along great.No fighting that I've seen.I also have them in an 18 x18 x24 .I have my build thread in the Pumilio section under Charco La Pava .I have 4 cayo de agua currently but I haven't sexed them out yet.There is at least 1 calling male.If it turns out 3.1 I'll sell a male,Anything less,I'll probably hold on to them,but I probably won't know for a bit.I'll let you know if I have an extra if you don't source one by then.
Lou

Offline markpulawski

• Tadpole
  • Liked: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
I would also suggest 1.1, you never know with an extra animals how it would go. I would suggest checking the forums, someone  could have a bad rap and on their face book only you would likely not find that info. Checking multiple sites for reference is always good.