photo NAEBanner_zpsdb7c79f7.jpg

Author Topic: Plant of the month  (Read 1909 times)

Offline therizman2

• Sponsor
  • Tadpole
  • Liked: 25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Glass Box Tropicals
Plant of the month
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:50:08 AM »
In a couple of weeks, I will be posting an overview of a plant, and will continue to do so each month.  In addition to posting an overview, the plant discussed will be placed on sale on my site.  This is intended to help teach people more about terrarium plants, and especially those that can really add to the visual appeal of a tank.  Does anyone have any special requests?  Right now I am looking at possibly an Episcia sp., Selaginella sp., or a Begonia sp.  If anyone has a special request please let me know and I will try my best, or go with the one with the most votes.  And if your plant isnt this month, I will try to make it in one of the following months.  Later this fall I will do some rarer plants - the reason for waiting is that I will put them in propagation now so that when they are featured, there will be plenty for people to buy, obviously isnt nearly as much fun to feature something that isnt available for people to obtain.

Offline GP dynamite

• Froglet
  • Liked: 44
  • Paramedic, avid motorcyclist
    • View Profile
Re: Plant of the month
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
Great idea mike. I'm looking forward to spending more money on your site as I learn. :)
Ed 
E Anthonyi Santa Isabel, standard Leucomelas, R.amazonica arena blanca, A.pepperi Abiseo

Offline oddlot

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • Liked: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Plant of the month
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 12:48:57 AM »
In a couple of weeks, I will be posting an overview of a plant, and will continue to do so each month.  In addition to posting an overview, the plant discussed will be placed on sale on my site.  This is intended to help teach people more about terrarium plants, and especially those that can really add to the visual appeal of a tank.  Does anyone have any special requests?  Right now I am looking at possibly an Episcia sp., Selaginella sp., or a Begonia sp.  If anyone has a special request please let me know and I will try my best, or go with the one with the most votes.  And if your plant isnt this month, I will try to make it in one of the following months.  Later this fall I will do some rarer plants - the reason for waiting is that I will put them in propagation now so that when they are featured, there will be plenty for people to buy, obviously isnt nearly as much fun to feature something that isnt available for people to obtain.

So what ever happened to the plant of the month? How about jewel orchids to start.
Lou

photo FROGSforumgood468-60_zpsc0ffa069.jpg