photo BookBanner2_zpsab1b556d.jpg

What is your favorite species? (vote genus, post species)

Adelphobates
1 (3.8%)
Ameerega
3 (11.5%)
Dendrobates
5 (19.2%)
Epipedobates
0 (0%)
Hyloxalus
2 (7.7%)
Oophaga
5 (19.2%)
Phyllobates
1 (3.8%)
Ranitomeya
9 (34.6%)

: 26

: What is your favorite species?  ( 4017 )

0 1

epiphytes etc.

• Froglet
  • : 110
  • : 38
Re: What is your favorite species?
« #15 : May 28, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
Well,I really like most anurans in general, butI voted for Hyloxalus, because they are my favorite today.  Who knows, maybe next week it will be something else.
Jason Elam

frogface

• Tadpole
  • : 61
  • : 35
« #16 : May 28, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »
I fell in love with the Ameerega pepperi Orange and Orangehead about 2 years ago. No matter how many frog pictures I look at, I still think Ameerega pepperi are one of the most beautiful frogs. Now that I am keeping them (Oranges), I can say they are bold and full of personality, not to mention athletic jumpers. Can't wait for mine to start calling.

Love these frogs! I have a group that I'm frog sitting. During the winter I rarely saw them except in the evenings when they would come out and sit on the leaves of the plants. So still, like little frog statues. Now that spring is here, they are out all of the time. The tanks they are in (right now I have them separated into 2 tanks with 2 frogs each. Working on a 40  breeder for them), are front opening and these guys are so bold and fast I'm afraid to open the door! When I put my hand on the door to open it, they come to the door and sit there, waiting for me to open it so they can bolt. Seriously, these frogs are smart. Too smart for my comfort, lol.

The 40 breeder is top opening with small panes of glass to be moved for feeding. I'll have 2 or 3 of the small, moveable panes, spaced out on the top, so I can open which ever one they are not sitting under. :D

These frogs are scary!

eta: I think this is a 1.3 group based on body shape and the fact that one of them is calling. Amazing little peeping sounds. Can't wait to get them into their big new tank.
« : May 28, 2013, 11:09:08 AM frogface »

redfrogger

• Tadpole
  • : 54
  • : 9
« #17 : May 28, 2013, 11:57:03 AM »
My first PDFs I saw in person were some imitators. I absolutely loved how tiny and colorful they are. They also have great calls. Gotta love the ranitomeya!
-Riley

JP

• Global Moderator
  • Tadpole
  • : 58
  • : 23
« #18 : May 28, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »
Love these frogs! I have a group that I'm frog sitting. During the winter I rarely saw them except in the evenings when they would come out and sit on the leaves of the plants. So still, like little frog statues. Now that spring is here, they are out all of the time. The tanks they are in (right now I have them separated into 2 tanks with 2 frogs each. Working on a 40  breeder for them), are front opening and these guys are so bold and fast I'm afraid to open the door! When I put my hand on the door to open it, they come to the door and sit there, waiting for me to open it so they can bolt. Seriously, these frogs are smart. Too smart for my comfort, lol.

The 40 breeder is top opening with small panes of glass to be moved for feeding. I'll have 2 or 3 of the small, moveable panes, spaced out on the top, so I can open which ever one they are not sitting under. :D

These frogs are scary!

eta: I think this is a 1.3 group based on body shape and the fact that one of them is calling. Amazing little peeping sounds. Can't wait to get them into their big new tank.

I actually changed my post from "smart" to "full of personality," Ha! This guy was really curious about me cleaning the top of their viv:

True, they are scary fast and wicked smart. The other day I ended up with a frog by my feet in the kitchen area (a good 20 to 30 feet away from the tank), God knows how. My best guess is that it jumped either on me or into the back of the container I was using to feed them. Luckily I didn't step on it nor did it jump under the refrigerator.

I noticed they have very far, but not very tall jumps. Top open is the way to go with these guys.
JP Marchetti

TheCoop

• Froglet
  • : 159
  • : 30
« #19 : May 28, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
I chose Pumilio but I don't think I could live without having the others as well lol..
« : May 30, 2013, 06:29:08 PM TheCoop »

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • : 413
  • : 161
« #20 : May 28, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »
I do still love auratus. I love the variety of colors and sizes. They remind me so much of tincs with all the morph variations. I think I need to get some Costa Rica D. auratus.
Later and Happy Frogging!

Poisonfrogs.net  Poison Dart Forum  Reptiles Direct

wile e. coyote

• Eggs
  • : 13
  • : 3
« #21 : May 30, 2013, 01:31:22 PM »
P. terribilis are my favorite.  They're who the name poison dart frog came from.  They eat large food.  Look like aliens.  What's not to like?
« : May 30, 2013, 08:05:27 PM wile e. coyote »

Tim F

• Eggs
« #22 : May 30, 2013, 05:41:44 PM »
Genus: Dendrobates
Species: tinctorious
Morph:  Azureus

Big, bold, and that blue is just insane!
« : May 30, 2013, 06:33:27 PM Tim F »

Dendro Dave

• Tadpole
  • : 40
  • : 5
« #23 : May 31, 2013, 07:33:46 PM »
Benedicta....all time favorite I think.

Everything I've ever written is/was just my opinion :P

TheCoop

• Froglet
  • : 159
  • : 30
« #24 : June 01, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
Great shot Dave! Man I have to get me a group of Benedicta..

papafrogger

• Tadpole
  • : 65
  • : 9
« #25 : June 01, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »
Just about everything oophaga. My favorite out of what i currently own is my pair of el cope auratus.

Dendro Dave

• Tadpole
  • : 40
  • : 5
« #26 : June 01, 2013, 11:36:55 PM »
Great shot Dave! Man I have to get me a group of Benedicta..

Oh that pic is from understory enterprises....can't take credit for it, was just using it as an example.
Everything I've ever written is/was just my opinion :P

Dendroguy

• Eggs
  • : 0
« #27 : June 02, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
Tough tie between Quepos, Brazilian yellow heads, or Blue Bullseye.

D

photo TesorosBannerP_zps048bcf0c.jpg