: Jerry Springer/Dart Den  ( 3019 )

0 1

markpulawski

• Tadpole
  • : 34
  • : 13
Jerry Springer/Dart Den
« : November 08, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
So I had to look at DD again when I heard about pics of the blue frogs going up and I see Phil has allowed Sidney back after a permanent ban, lord is this the Jerry Springer of frog forums or what. I have had a real problem with the negativity there, all "in the name of truth"....but that has evolved into pure sensationalism.
I only have one more thing to say........PHIL, YOU ARE THE FATHER!!!

oh yes and boy am I glad Sid now has the freedom to post again, can't let an attribute like that slip away.

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • : 413
  • : 161
Re: Jerry Springer/Dart Den
« #1 : November 08, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
I am not well liked there for post something on a site of truth that was the truth. Then all this help Tesoros de Columbia and then it becomes this bad thing because of "things heard." The place thinks it is the hobby.
Later and Happy Frogging!

Poisonfrogs.net  Poison Dart Forum  Reptiles Direct

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Tadpole
  • : 74
  • : 41
    • Southwest Frog Group
« #2 : November 08, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
NOTHING can make me look at DD. Period.

s

markpulawski

• Tadpole
« #3 : November 09, 2013, 07:04:09 AM »
What he thinks is information is merely an attempt to grow membership....and unfortunately I feel his site has become a cancer to the community. It is a negative, sensationalistic place, a car wreck that has created more divisiveness in this hobby than anything I have seen in the last 10 years. I have come to hate what he has created and I would love to see it gone.

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
« #4 : November 09, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »
I agree, more harm than good. Those who are starting in the hobby that join that site first are getting a very biased view. His site has become the place to be if you are banned from a forum. I am surprised DFW and DFC aren't sponsors.

Blue_Pumilio

• Tadpole
  • : 68
« #5 : November 09, 2013, 11:04:50 PM »
I have to tell myself not to post there, I get sucked into the mindless/pointless drama, I take the bait. Blah....all blah. Nothing informative, just a waste of time.

As for Sidney, I have no idea why he is still allowed there. Until last week he was posting as a woman. Go figure....

Spaff

• Froglet
  • : 128
  • : 32
« #6 : November 09, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »
I have to tell myself not to post there, I get sucked into the mindless/pointless drama, I take the bait. Blah....all blah. Nothing informative, just a waste of time.

As for Sidney, I have no idea why he is still allowed there. Until last week he was posting as a woman. Go figure....

Why? That's easy...the only thing keeping that place afloat is controversy, and two of the most controversial people in the hobby love to clash there.

markpulawski

• Tadpole
« #7 : November 10, 2013, 05:32:47 AM »
No doubt Phil is a smart guy and has a ton of passion which is what this hobby needs, it's really too bad he went down the path of allowing Rich and his mindless troll Beth to control the tone of his forum. And then the antagonist (which is the nicest thing I can call him) Sid gets added back in even after several bannings, the last being permanent. Sadly there are froggers in other countries that refer to the US hobby as a joke because they have visited his site, it sucks that they think this is a true representation of the US hobby today.

oddlot

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Frog Member
  • : 396
  • : 96
« #8 : March 28, 2014, 01:19:18 AM »
It's sadly like that because that's where all the rejects go when no one else will have them.It's like Rudolph and the Island of  Misfit toys.
Lou

jjuchems

• Administrator
  • Sr. Frog Member
« #9 : March 29, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »
It's like Rudolph and the Island of  Misfit toys.

Such an accurate analogy. There are some folks there, the problem is those who lack civility and are outright bullying (a term I do not use lightly)  If I thought there was a good alternative to DB I would not have created this site. DB will be flooded with ads at some point, sponsors just needed to keep a unified front. I am not sure how they are making a good profit right now.
« : March 29, 2014, 03:21:38 PM jjuchems »

photo MistKingBanner_zpsaa18c49a.jpg